Saturday March 23, 9:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Led by Crystal Dickerson. One in five families is currently caring for a loved one who has dementia. In 20 years, it will be one in two families. I am excited to inform you of a half-day workshop to learn about the Positive Approach to Dementia Care. You will understand that dementia is more than memory loss, and you’ll learn skills to-
1.Take care of yourself and your loved one.
2. Reduce their distress and yours.
3. Keep them engaged in relationships & activities that bring them joy.
4. Keep them safe.
5. Form a team of care partners so you’re not doing this alone.
6. See what they still have left, not just what they’ve lost.
7. Learn valuable skills including Hand Under Hand and Positive Physical Approach.